Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Van Jones Resigns

Van Jones resigned from his position as green czar/environmental advisor to Obama on Sunday. It appears the biggest reason for this is because of right-wing defamatory campaigns against him citing his prior brief involvement with the radical group STORM and for signing a petition for 911Truth.org that questioned the official story of 9/11 in 2004. True, Van Jones says he regrets this. But do these things really trump all the work he's done pioneering "green-collar economy" initiatives? I find this news diappointing.

Any little thing you do your entire life leading up to top politics will be placed under a microscope. When I run for mayor of something someday, I hope the fact that I cheated on a test in third grade and in 2008 gave $20 to MoveOn.org won't mar my record.

3 comments:

Peppermint Patty said...

It probably will. :)

That's why we have to be careful who we associate with.

"Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Cor. 15:33.

Liberty said...

True, true. You're right.

mindfuladoptee said...

I was also disheartened to see that he resigned... I really like Van Jones when I saw him live in person... He has great ideas for our economy. It also stated in the article I read that he is still working in the administration... so, I'm assuming that he just had to make some public form of resignation but that Obama still supports his work... only if it's a little undercover now... Who knows though...? maybe the publicity will boost his career a bit and raise some awareness around the 911 conspiracy and green jobs... Just call me an optimist!