Saturday, January 3, 2009

Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo with Sea Moss


Working on my second Carol's Daughter shampoo, this one not as watery. The scent is better too--lavender and rosemary extracts are prominent. It's labeled for dry hair--"detangling formula." (I remember when Mom and I first heard that hair buzz word "detangle"--we thought if we could just find the right "detangler" I'd be all set. Ha. If we only knew.)

Not sure if this one really detangles any better than the Tui Herbal. Though I do find that finger-combing in the shower works best for any kind of mattiness or dredlock creepin' in.

I'm going through this bottle much faster than the Tui Herbal, but I don't think that's because it actually takes more product to get the job done. Maybe--because it's not so watery and I'm not worried about spilling it everywhere I'm not as frugal. Plus, as my natural hair has been growing out, I actually find that I can wash it a bit more often (every four days is just right, whereas before I needed six). I think what I like best about this product is the combination of sea moss and peppermint. The mint notes give it just enough clarifying quality, while the sea moss (and maybe also the aloe vera) seems to come through and add some graininess, which is great for exfoliating and scalp-scrubbing. Now, with all-natural products you won't find lather, so don't go looking for it. Small loss anyway, trust me. 

Goes just fine with Hair Milk as a after-wash leave-in.

This one rates higher for me than the Tui Herb, mostly due to the pleasant scent and the creamy feel. 

1 comment:

Glory said...

The website http://www.herbsncures.com/ is widely popular over the internet for containing in-depth informative material on herbal cure, benefits of medicinal herbs, edible flowers, allopathic medicines etc and further, the resource section of the site is striking for containing significant details on entertainment, health and beauty, men’s health etc.